Lansing, Michigan Voter Center

Military & Overseas Voting

If you’re a United States citizen living overseas as a civilian or in the military, there are several ways you to request, receive and return your ballot. Learn more at Federal Voting Assistance Program.

The Federal Post Card Application voter registration and ballot request form can be found here: Military and Overseas Absentee Ballot and Voter Registration Form.

Federal Post Card Application Process

Active-duty military, their families, and overseas citizens can register to vote and request their absentee ballot using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). The FPCA process is done by mail, but your state may offer other options to request and return ballots. Please contact us for more information about delivery and return methods, including email, fax, and state online portals.

  1. Fill out the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). Your election official may have questions, so please provide an email address or phone number where they can reach you.
  2. Email the application to City Clerk Chris Swope for Lansing City Residents only.
  3. It is never too early to submit an FPCA! Please do so as soon as possible.
  4. Please fill out and send back your ballot as soon as you receive it.
  5. Michigan Clerk’s begin mailing absentee ballots at least 45 days before Election Day. If you haven’t received your ballot by 30 days before Election Day, contact City Clerk Chris Swope

If after submitting your FPCA, your ballot does not arrive, contact us first. Then: